Derby Rules & Regulations
Updated Sunday July 9, 2017 by Stanley Park.
Grand River Bass Derby: (Revised for 2016)
1. Registration Cards must be picked up before fishing at Natural Sports before 9:00 pm Friday July 3 or on Saturday at the Derby Measuring Station at Natural Sports from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
2. All participants agree to abide by the regulations of the Fish & Game Act, the Department of Transport and the Grand River Bass Derby.
3. All fish must be caught in the Grand River from below the Belwood Dam to above the Paris Dam. Not including its tributaries. Anyone observed fishing elsewhere during the Derby will be disqualified.
4. The measuring station (at Natural Sports, 1272 Victoria St N/. Kitchener) will be open from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and on Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
5. Fish will only be entered at the official measuring station during official hours.
6.All fish must be brought in alive and in healthy condition in an aerated tub or cooler with a minimum 20 litre of river water. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of; being on a stringer, in a basket, net, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible. Any fish that judges deem unhealthy or unlikely to survive will not be accepted. See 'Live release tips' on our website All fish must be brought in alive and in healthy condition. Do not use a stringer or wire fish basket. Any fish having evidence of; being on a stringer, in a basket, net, gaff or snag marks will not be eligible.
7. Entries are restricted to Smallmouth Bass and no fish under 12" in length will be accepted for entry.
8. All decisions by the judges will be final. Any questioning will result in the immediate disqualification of any contestant for the entire Derby. The Grand River Bass Derby reserves the right to hold any fish for biological examination and testing. Major prizes may not be released until such testing is complete.
9. The ranking fish in all categories will be based on the total length. In the event of a tie, the fish entered first will rank higher.
10. Fish may be entered only once. Participants may only win one prize (except entry and draw prizes). Youth entries are eligible for all prizes. All fish must be caught by the angler entering the fish. Fish entered will be turned over to the Grand River Bass Derby.
11. The Grand River Conservation Authority, sponsors, organizers, or their agents will not be liable for the loss of property, or for the injury to any contestant or spectator. Contestants compete in the Derby at their own risk.
12.All participants agree that upon winning a major prize they will submit to truth tests, if required, and sign an affidavit attesting to the fact that their prize winning fish was caught within the rules of the Derby.
13. All fish must be brought to the measuring station in an aerated tub or cooler with a minimum of 20 litres of water. No bags please! See 'Live release tips' on our website.
14. Awards will be presented at Bingeman's on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. (For 2017, the presentations will be made in the Embassy Room - building by the pond.)
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.